Blakeson - Writer

Cardiff-based film, theatre and gig reviews, cultural ramblings, whingeing, short films, etc.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

"Made In Roath" / "R. S. Thomas - The Way Of It"

I only managed to catch one event during the Made In Roath Arts Festival 2010, but it was well worth making the effort for: my first visit to the Waterloo Gardens Teahouse, for some readings by my old friend Dan Anthony (v. funny), tutor and novelist Shelagh Weeks (impressively meticulous prose), and notable local literary figure Peter Finch, of whom this was my first live experience; his work was a fascinating collision of high and low culture, performed with an engaging enthusiasm.

The show I devised/edited – “R.S. Thomas – The Way Of It” is being performed by Michael Kelligan, as part of the Dylan Thomas Festival, in Swansea on 1st November. It’ll be interesting to see what kind of audience, if any, it attracts. I've even made a trailer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home