Blakeson - Writer

Cardiff-based film, theatre and gig reviews, cultural ramblings, whingeing, short films, etc.

Sunday, May 26, 2013

"Diary Of A Madman"

An unusually hectic day on Friday - I managed to get back from an exciting early evening script meeting just in time for my latest British Theatre Guide reviewing assignment at Sherman Cymru: "Diary Of A Madman". A disturbing and powerful tragi-comedy, derived from the short story by Nikolai Gogol which is, luckily, freely available on the web, so I was able to do my homework beforehand. I felt some slight unease at a nervous breakdown being presented as entertainment, but the piece's satirical intent is clear, and Robert Bowman portrays the central character as sympathetic despite himself. My second Living Pictures production in a short space of time, and bound for the Edinburgh Fringe, where it deserves to find an appreciative audience.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home